Tips for when a blog post goes viral
- Open Google Analytics Real-Time to make sure your site remains stable and be ready to take action if the traffic over-runs your site?
- Clear Call-to-Action at the end
- Be purposeful. Make it clear what you want the audience to do
- Perhaps eliminate the related posts plugin and instead drive them to that one thing
- Determine for the audience what is the next best click?>
- Know what makes you money on your site. Does it make sense to send your audience to the page that makes you money?
- Consider why the post is going viral and make the call-to-action fit that culture
- Consider removing the sidebar to really get them to go where you want to go
- Can you embed a video into the post and get them to subscribe to your channel?
- Use Rachel’s call-to-action tracker in BC Prime