The Definitive Guide to Revenue through Blogging
Semester 1, Online Class (13 Credits)
BZB101 Module 5: Monetizing Your Blog Platform
BZB101 5-1: Products? (3 cr.)
You never make as much money as when you’re selling your own products and services
- Don’t let the sale be the ultimate goal though. A big ticket product is still just an entry point into your business.
- Blogs sell services, too.
BZB101 5-2: Clickable Things (3 cr.)
Many things are clickable on a site, some create revenue. Here are some types of clickable links that create income. Some of them create income upon the click itself. Some require you to have purchased something after you click the link. And the bottom one doesn’t require any of that.
- Ad Networks
- Private Ads
- Affiliate Links
- Impression Ads
BZB101 5-3: Membership (3 cr.)
Memberships have been around since the beginning of time. Rock bands have fan clubs, consumer reports has an information based membership, your local coffee shop has a frequent buyers club. People love to be part of a club.
- Fan Clubs. Can you create an atmosphere where your fans can chat amongst themselves? Is your niche specific enough that they will pay for it?
- Membership creates cheerleaders who refer others and grow your business.
- Fixed Term: 6 months at $29.95/month
- Drip Fed. . . one module per week vs all the information at once.
- Forum Based. . . ability to talk to the knowledge master directly
- Email Delivery . . . each week something new.
BZB101 5-4: Sponsorship (3 cr.)
- Sponsored Posts. . . companies will pay you between $1 and $500 for a post on your blog about a specific subject.
- Sponsored Events . . . .you’ve seen these your entire life. Budweiser commercials during the Superbowl. Pepsi logos on 5K t-shirts
- Sponsored Clothes . . . Shannon Cherry has a clothing company that sponsors what she wears to events. Different companies have different needs. . Not everyone needs a banner ad in your sidebar.
- JV Partnerships . . . Who can you partner with to produce a product or service?