The Definitive Guide to Revenue through Blogging
Semester 1, Online Class (13 Credits)
The Business Blogging Course is for any business looking to add blogging to their overall marketing strategy. The course discusses the role of blogging, time requirements, methods of monetization, purpose and platforms. It also covers the strategies required to achieve search engine leverage.
BZB101 Module 3: Leveraging the Search Engines
BZB101 3-1: Keywords (3 cr.)
What do people search for? Why do we care?
- Where do they search? And what’s the difference between searches on Google and Amazon?
- Where do we find these things?
- How do we know if it is worth our time?
BZB101 3-2: Give ‘em something to talk about (3 cr.)
Most of content is mindset timing: Use tools like Google.com/trends to see when your audience is really thinking about your topics
- How much is too much? Think about your resources as well as your audience’s engagement when determining your content production schedule.
- Where do we add new content? There are so many places. What is the strategy?
- Multimedia content. Use it. Use it. Use it.
BZB101 3-3: The Social Game (3 cr.)
Give them something to talk about. Be interesting but also mindful of the message you’re sending.
- Show them the way to Like, Pin and Share. If you don’t ask them, they’ll likely not do what you want them to do.
- Don’t leave them hanging. Give you audience a place to go next. A question. A related blog post.
- Twitter and Facebook aren’t the only dogs. There are tons of social media sites on the net. Where is your audience hanging out?
BZB101 3-4: Pointing Fingers (3 cr.)
- The power of page rank. What is page rank and why is it sort of a myth?
- Anchor text. . . words that are also links serve the search engines as clues to what pages are about.
- Link Bait is something you do or create that is so awesome others will link to it.
- Follow and no-follow are terms you need to understand. Use the rel=”nofollow” function when your site is pointing at anything that makes you money. Follow Google’s rules.
BZB101 3-R: Module 3 Review (3 cr.)