BZB101 Module 1: Making the Decision to Blog
BZB101 1.1 Why Start Blogging? (3 cr.) Let's talk about the process, reason and role the blog will play in your business.
- Is a blog an effective way to achieve your goals?
- Speed to money. Don’t set yourself up for failure.
- What role will the blog be in your business?
- What kind of blogging suits you best?
BZB101 1.2 Business Blogging Goals Strategic management of information technology, project planning and implementation.
- Increase # of customers?
- Sell products and services
- Create an audience?
- Become the expert
- Additional revenue source
BZB101 1.3 Revenue Expectations Customer and stakeholder value creation and capture. Marketing strategy with emphasis on issues of social and sustainable organizations.
- Waiting tables is instant
- Do you already have a clamouring audience?
- Can your inventory handle a large influx?
BZB101 1.4 How does the blog fit? Introduction to global challenges of poverty, environmental degradation, and public health and the role of entrepreneurial management in private and public sector approaches.
- Within your current website or a new property?
- What kind of time will you be able to dedicate?
- Can your CRM handle this new “leads” source?
BZB101 1.5 What kind of blogger are you? A series of seminars emphasizing current topics related to the Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise. Topics may include: Supply Chain, Leadership Across Cultures, Micro-Finance, Ecological Perspectives for Business, and Marketing
- Video = Vlogging
- Audio = Podcasting
- Prose = Blogging
- Smart = All of the above
BZB101 1.6 How Long Does it Take to Make it? Is the market too saturated for your business? How much money does it take? What is the true lifespan of a blog? And how do you stand out in an online crowd?
- Is this an overnight thing?
- How long till money?
- How long till profitable?
BZB101 1.7 What Must You Pay For?
- Hosting? Security? Email?
- Social Media Tools? Photos?
- Editing Software? Storage? Domains?
- What must you pay for?
BZB101 1.8 What is The Daily Commitment?
- What does it take to produce a food blog?
- What does it take to produce a podcast?
- What does it take to produce a lifestyle post?
- What does it take to produce a training post?
BZB101 1.9 What do We Want to Accomplish? What do I want to be known for in the next 3 to 5 years? What are the things you need to work on today? The days are going to build upon one another as we get more and more micro. But let’s not spend any time on the micro till we have a plan.
BZB101 BONUS: What Order do We do Things? What should we be working on in right now? Are there things we forgot to work on? Are there things we should be doing but just don’t know it? Let’s tackle that.