Getting email addresses is a pretty important part of any business strategy. I mean, if you spent all that time reaching out to the customer in the first place – do you really want to do it again?
So at our MeetUp this week, we spent the time talking about great ways to get email addresses. Here’s some ideas for you – but if you have ideas of your own – don’t be shy. Please pass them on to the rest of us.
1. Giveaways – How much is a customer worth to you? Would it be worth $79 to get 50 new customers? If so, why not buy a Flip Video Camera and offer it as a giveaway to people who sign up?
2. When customers buy goods and services, do they get a receipt from you? Why not ask them for their email address then? “Sign up and be the first to get discounts, sale information and know about new products first”.
3. Membership or Privileged Access – Give away a pass code to get into your members only discount club or forum or to see your case studies. Whatever it is. People love to belong.
4. Product Registration – Offer them free ebook upgrades or research or new notes when they register they bought a product from you.
5. Put a form on your website that asks people to sign up and get something from you. A report, poster, white paper, forum, etc. . .
6. Contests – You already know what that means, don’t you? But what if you set up your contest so you got one extra entry for every person you referred to the contest? Offer an iPad and you’ll get lots of sign-ups.
7. Squeeze Page – Create a squeeze page (e-mail me if you don’t know what that is) and put the url on your biz card, brochures, website, advertising, etc. . .
8. Seminars – Hold seminars at your place of business that people have to register to attend.
9. Social Media – This is a ‘ninja’ method of getting their attention, but it doesn’t mean you have their information. Have your fan, followers, friends and someone named Fred become a fan on Facebook, or follow you on Twitter. You’ll be able to contact them again – just not on your own terms. Ooooh. . . that reminds me we’ll have to talk about mobile phone marketing next week. Awesome!
For more info on niche internet marketing click here.