The Definitive Guide to Writing Content for your BlogSemester 1, Online Class (13 Credits) Self Paced
The Business Blogging Course is for any business looking to add blogging to their overall marketing strategy. The course discusses the role of blogging, time requirements, methods of monetization, purpose and platforms. It also covers the strategies required to achieve search engine leverage.
BZB101 Module 5: Mastering the Art of ContentBZB101 5-1: Mindset Timing (3 cr.) Creating a content plan based on timing is partially the answer.
- We don’t want flowery February 15th’s. Losing track of your public's mindset means you end up with articles about Valentine's Day on your site long after people are thinking about it?
- Sometimes timing isn’t seasonal, it’s part of the ladder. Photographers don't wait for holidays to learn the next step in becoming a professional photographer. Make sure you're giving them that path on site.
- Automating the timing. Employ leverage in your business. Automation allows you to reach more people without trading time.
- How does Howard Stern have 50,000 fans?
- How is Billy Graham respected?
- Why your Twitter description matters
- The Value of Tight Titles
BZB101 5-3: Sales Funnel (3 cr.) Everyone wants to move up the ladder. Photographers want to be better. Help them.
- They just need their hand held. The problem is you don't know what the next steps are until someone tells you. Tell them.
- What are their questions, objections and pathways? Use WikiAnswers, emailed questions and general knowledge to help better understand what your audience is thinking.
- Give them a path to follow. Pre-sell what is coming. Use links to drive them to the next articles. Use email to follow-up and take them places.
- The Subway Restaurant door shows what sandwich is coming next month to get you excited about coming back.
- Use the content calendar, the timing calendar and marketing to get your audience excited about what’s coming.
BZB101 5-5: Celebrating Your Subject with Melissa Reyes
BZB101 5-6: Life of Dad's Contributor Model
Fun Ways of Creating Content
Using Words to Create Actions
List Building Ideas