The Definitive Guide to Revenue through Blogging
Semester 1, Online Class (13 Credits)
BZB101 Module 2: Getting A Blog Up, Live and Configured
BZB101 2-1: Platform Options (3 cr.)
Strategic management of information technology, project planning and implementation.
- WordPress : The big dog
- YouTube : Already present with a growing audience
- Wix: Free and easy
- Blogger; Free and easy with Google integration
- BrainstormTools: A blog university in a box
- SoundCloud: A paid Podcasting platform
- iTunes: Huge audience to piggyback on
- Custom: Money, Design, precision
BZB101 2-2: Now we’re live (3 cr.)
When we’re talking about taking your site from an idea in your head to something online, follow these steps.
- Get yourself a Domain Name (Mobile Home)
- Find a Hosting Company (Real Estate)
- Learn to use the cPanel (Your control dashboard)
- Super Easy, but somewhat insecure Fantastico (Load it up)
- Let start logging in and getting to work
The step-by-step instructions to get your site completely set up are HERE
BZB101 2-3: Design to win (3 cr.)
You can you create custom designs for your site by hiring a designer or learning on your own
- You can buy or choose from thousands of pre-designed ones at sites like ThemeForest.com, through WordPress or Googling them.
- One column or Two? The structure of your design depends on what you want to accomplish. Ads, products?
- Pattern Disconnects and Goals: Think about how you’re going to monetize. Make sure the design supports your audience seeing these things.
BZB101 2-4: One time pain (3 cr.)
The administrative stuff you have to do upon set-up. Doesn’t take much time, but you need to do it.
- What are you going to do about your site’s security?
- Permalinks need to be set-up. Consider the future.
- There are many different comment systems. Which serve your needs?
- Install a Spam Blocker
- Plan for Image marketing opportunities. Add smush it.
- What are Plugins. What do you need?
Download the Syllabus | Take the Quiz | Start Module 2
BZB101 2-R: Module 2 Review